Doing Business in Woodway



Business Licenses: The Town Council recently passed Ordinance 18-597, (effective January 1, 2019), updating Woodway’s business license regulations to comply with changes in state law. They also used this as an opportunity to update the home occupation section and combine it with the business license section. The major changes included in the updated Woodway Municipal Code (WMC) Chapter 4.01 are:

  1. The adoption of the model language used to define “engaging in business” and various exemptions.
  2. There is a mandatory minimum $2,000 threshold exemption for businesses who do not maintain a place of business within the Town. If your annual value of products, gross proceeds of sales, or gross income of the business in the Town is equal to or less than $2,000, you are not required to obtain a business license.
  3. The home occupation regulations (formerly WMC Chapter 4.02) have been incorporated into WMC Chapter 4.01.060.

If you feel that, based on the amendments to the WMC, your company does not require a business license, you are not required to obtain a license. If you choose not to obtain a business license at this time, please remember to do so once you meet the $2,000 threshold or before working in Woodway, or you may be subject to late application penalties. Please call Town Hall if you have any questions or concerns about your business license. Thank you and we look forward to working with you in the coming year.

Please remember to include your license/permit fee with your application, as fees are required at time of submittal. The license fee, for those above the $2,000 threshold, remains $50.00 per calendar year.

*Note* If you are a Woodway resident who has a home-based business, you need to complete the Home Occupation Supplement in additon to the Business License application. Click here for details.

Business License - $50.00
Real Estate Open House Sign Permit: Real estate open house signs are permitted according to these regulations. Please submit payment according to the number of people who will be using the permit.Real Estate Open House Sign Permit - One agent: $50.00, Two to five agents: $100.00, Six to ten agents: $200.00, Eleven or more agents: $300.00

Peddler/Solicitation Permit: If you would like sell products/services or solicit donations door-to-door in Woodway, you will need a Peddler/Solicitation permit.

Peddler/Solicitation Permit - Please see application for fee details

If you would like to make an online payment for the licenses listed above, click here: webhome_XBP_Button_rectangle

© 2019 Woodway, WA

23920 113th Place W. | Woodway, WA 98020 | 206.542.4443

The Town presents the information on this Web site as a service to its citizens and other Internet users. Although this site may contain information about legal issues, it is not intended to be legal advice. Additionally, due to on-going changes in Town, state and federal law and other factors, we make no warranty or guarantee concerning the accuracy or reliability of the content at this site or at any other sites to which we provide links.

Powered By Revize Login